Sam Frost: Universalism "Deserves" to Play

Even though Sam tries to add in a disclaimer the thing that needs to be realized is that he is making the case that universalism "deserves" to play if "full preterism" deserves to play. This amounts to Sam saying, "Hey, we're already heretics so we have to accept everyone else into our little club". Heresy only begets more heresy.

by Sam Frost on Saturday, March 08 @ 08:22:53 PST
(User Info | Send a Message)
I have Gregory MacDonald's book, The Evangelical Universalist (Cascade Books). I got it on Ebay. I read it a few months and noted the first chapters as sounding quite right. MacDonald is a pseudonym.

I recommend the book highly. It is the best treatment of this subject available to date. I am, however, not entirely convinced of his argument. I am, in spite of that, able to see that Universalism, AS MACDONALD DEFINES IT, so that there is NO MISUNDERSTANDING here with what I am about to say, does meet the criteria of the stamp "Evangelicalism" and can be brought to the table for legitimate discussion. Let me say this: if Full Preterism is wanting to play at the Evangelical table, then MacDonald's treatment in this book deserves the same marbles and dice.

http://preteristheresy.blogspot.com/2008/03/sam-frost-universalism-deserves-to-play.html