Kevin Beck: Preterist Addicts "Knowing the Signs"

It is very revealing what the focus of Preterism has become. When they read their Bible the focus is always on something OTHER than Christ. See the addiction to Preterism that fills the statement below. I can tell from this statement that the addiction to 70AD is ALMOST to strong to overcome. What a lot of Full Preterists don't realize is that they have become addicted to the swelling of feelings that ad70 gives them. Like crack cocaine, the sense of power that the historical event gives them can be overwhelming. Any addict may say that they can quit any time they want -- Full Preterists not only don't see any reason to quit, they become "pushers" towards others with righteous zeal. But just as the pharisees who would cover the earth to make a convert and then transform them into a child of hell, these addicts instill the cravings in others to look upon things seen as their rock and their stay.


Kevin Beck: Do you remember when you first began to see how significant the AD 70 destruction of Jerusalem was? Seeing the significance of Jerusalem’s fall in 70CE this caused me to read the Bible in a whole new way, even though it took a great deal of reorienting and rethinking my theology. A friend once told me, “You see the destruction of Jerusalem on every page.” I answered, “That’s because it’s there on every page.”

I became infatuated with the destruction of Jerusalem to the point that I thought it would be a good idea to create a holiday celebrating it. We could call it “Parousia Day” or something like that. So I did some research on the day and discovered there was already a memorial of it. I found the Tisha B'Av on the Jewish calendar as a time of great mourning.

presence.tv/cms/conf_create_jerusalem.php