Richard McPherson: Lord's Supper and Baptism IS NOT necessary today

Richard McPherson "When was until that day? 70 AD Who was Jesus taking to in this text? His disciples When did the Father's kingdom come? 70 AD (1 Corinthians 15:24) When did the new covenant come? 70 AD If the blood is the Covenant or in the other gospels, the New Covenant and the first century Christians were looking forward for that New Covenant, then yes the meaning of the supper would make sense. If Christ has not come then we will still are living under the Old Covenant and still looking forward for a New Covenant. (Hebrews 8:13, 10:8-9) The supper would still be just like the first century Christians. The forgiveness of sin did not happen until Jesus return. (Hebrews 9:23-28, Luke 21:28, Revelation 10:7) We are under the New Covenant, today. Everything has been fulfilled. I myself believe that the so call Lord's Supper is not necessary today. I have seen that even in the Preterist camp there are some who down right refuse to be consistent with scripture. At the same time, I am not saying that the people who still partake the Lord's Supper are wrong. It is because of our freedom in Christ we can disagree on this topic. This comment could be said about baptism also. (I also believe that baptism in not necessary after 70 AD. That article is on the way.) This article is just food for thought. I believe that a person can go too far with Preterism and I do not believe I have. Some believe that it is ok to have more that one wife after 70AD in which I disagree with. I try to hold God in the Highest Honor and His word is

truth.http://web.archive.org/web/20030520024253/planetpreterist.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=167