Jared Coleman: Why I hate the word 'preterist'

Jared Coleman "Lately I have come to really hate the word 'preterist' and I was cringing every time I saw it in the URL of my blog. . . First, it can be used in partisan ways and I am desperately trying to have a catholic (with a little "c") faith. Second, the word focuses on looking backward at a time when I am focused on looking forward (not without looking backward as well, of course). And third, while I still read many of the eschatological passages of scripture in a very similar (though in many cases not the same) way as others in that community, the language of the preterist community is woefully deficient and unless it changes it will never be able to project an adequate picture of the kingdom of God.

jaredcoleman.com/2007/01/why-delectatio-dei.html

http://preteristheresy.blogspot.com/2008/01/jared-coleman-why-i-hate-word-preterist.html