Hank Hanegraaff

While I am not a partial or full preterist or a futurist, I believe Hanegraff makes several super important points. 1.) Both futurists and preterists (both full and partial) look to history to prove fulfillment. 2.) The symbolic imagery in Revelation is not always intended to be symbolic of historical events. 3.) Some can't accept this because it is a either/or proposition.

Hank Hanegraaff
"But let me just clarify something here. I have a lot of sympathy for the partial preterist point of view. I simply do not call myself a partial preterist because I don't agree with everything that the partial preterists say. I think that in some cases the partial preterists make the same mistake that the futurist does, only in reverse. The futurist is in essence reading the Bible with one hand and the newspaper with the other, and the partial preterist oftentimes is trying to correlate events in history with what they read in the book of Revelation - oftentimes when that particular allusion in Revelation is symbolically intended as opposed to having some literal correspondence in first century history."

"Now that may be a minor point of difference, but it is an important point from my perspective. Not only that, there are a lot of things that a partial preterist, from my perspective, makes an either/or proposition that I'm not comfortable making an either/or proposition.

http://www.preteristsite.com/docs/ddwhank.html