Stephen Douglas

It is quite funny how Preterist think their victory is simply a past event. For those who have not yet taken up their cross, or for those who are still baring their cross, the game is not over, nor should you assume you have crossed the finish line. Paul compared his his life to running a race, and where his finish line was very near. I question those who maintain that Paul's finish line was 70ad. Read 2 Tim. For those who read 70ad into the text, you have done a great harm to what Paul was saying. If his finish line was anything it was not 70AD but at his own Calvary (when he too in the likeness of Jesus, died for his faith (martyrdom). He saw Christ’s victory through the cross, but by no means did he think he had yet obtained it until he too was poured out as a drink offering.

(2 Timothy 4:6-8) For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure has come. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith; in the future there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day; and not only to me, but also to all who "have loved " His appearing.

(2 Timothy 4:18) The Lord will rescue me from every evil deed, and will bring me safely to His heavenly kingdom; to Him be the glory forever and ever. Amen.

This is the same picture in I Thess 4. We which are alive and remain (faithful) shall be caught up. In view of Paul's race, enduring suffering patiently, and then being received into glory at his appearing was not only his hope, but OUR HOPE.

Stephen Douglas
“Preterism is the only eschatology with a future: we’re the ones that don’t have to look forward to getting defeated and looking to Jesus for an escape plan. We live in victory.”

undeception.wordpress.com/about/