Though Paul died in 68AD, He had to WAIT two years before receiving his Crown

Charles Julius Guiteau. The Truth; a Companion to the Bible. 1879.

"Yes, yes, thou Paul, waited only two years for thy "crown." Thou wert executed AD 68, and thy Master came at the destruction of Jerusalem, AD70, and gavest thee thy "crown" (Guiteau, p. 30)

(2 Timothy 4:7-8) I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith; in the future there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day; and not only to me, but also to all who have loved His appearing.

So I guess this answers the question, that Paul looked toward 70AD and not towards the reward he would receive upon crossing the finish line. Brilliant!

Here Ed Stevens making the SAME EXACT CLAIM as Guiteau. Funny Stuff.

___________________________________________________________
Footnote "Guiteau's book "The Truth; a Companion to the Bible" was almost entirely plagiarized from the work of John Humphrey Noyes." "Charles Julius Guiteau was an American lawyer who assassinated U.S. President James A. Garfield on July 2, 1881. He was executed by hanging." "Guiteau then decided that God had commanded him to kill the ungrateful President."