Scot McKnight: Individual eschatology quite probable

I am almost certain we can find many more examples of this concept of "individual eschatology" which is ignored by all Hyper-Preterists. Here is one example by Paul. (2 Timothy 4:6-8) For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure has come. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith; in the future there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day; and not only to me, but also to all who have loved His appearing.

Scot McKnight. The Synoptic Gospels. 2001.

"Luke had moved away from the view, widespread as far as we can tell in early Christianity, whereby men and woman expected a great irruption into the world which would bring about the end of the present world order and the final judgment of humankind; instead Luke may have adopted a more 'individual eschatology', whereby THE DECISIVE MOMENT OF JUDGMENT TOOK PLACE AT EACH INDIVIDUAL'S DEATH.
In support of this one can refer to the parable of the rich man and Lazarus (LK. 16.19-31, where both parties seem to receive their final reward or punishment immediately after death. So too Jesus' words to the dying thief on the cross, 'TODAY you will be with me in Paradise' (LK. 23.43) may point the same way. Similar too is the account of the death of Stephen who says that he sees the Son of Man standing (Acts 7.56), language which is more normally associated with the parousia and the final judgment at the end of time (cf. Lk. 12:8 ect.), and perhaps then indicating an INDIVIDUALIZED PAROUSIA FOR STEPHEN AT THE TIME OF HIS OWN PHYSICAL DEATH." (PAGE 277-278)